we are a home-based business designed to bring eco-friendly candles & air fresheners to your home







Saturday, January 22, 2011

2011 Already?!

Holy Moly! Where does the time go??? And, it's the end of January even... Oy!

Some things have changed with K.Liz Designs over the last couple months. I've changed the logo and product labels. Still not completely sure how I feel about the new logo, but it works...for now. I got tired of the "flourish"

I've added two new categories to the site:

1 - J.Paul Signature Collection SOY-SOY Good! candles
2 - Candle of the Month

We're starting off the year by phasing out the Kerr jars. While they're great if you're going for a country look to your product, they're not working for me anymore. As a matter of fact, the Kerr jars are the reason that I had to change my labels. The new jars are also 16 ounces, but they're a little more squatty, and they have a black screw-on lid. Basically, they're specimen jars from a science supply store. These jars are a tad more expensive than the Kerr Jars, but they look a million times better - clean, and professional. Oh, and the new labels fit on them too!

Additionally, I am considering phasing out the 16 & 8 ounce tins, AND the 18 ounce Apothecary Jars. I haven't fully committed to this, but I'm definitely leaning that way.

This new year comes with special order requests as well. I've been asked to make 65 hot pink votive candles to be given as bridal shower favors. I also received a request for 16 centerpiece container candles for a wedding reception. I'm very excited to have been entrusted with these most important events!

Two big goals for K.Liz Designs this year are keeping up with this blog, and having more sales. "Like" us on Facebook or just visit the site for sale information. At the bottom of the site I have a Google Calendar on which I will be adding sales and events. I haven't been using the calendar as much as I should have for those who miss the announcements on our Facebook page, but that's all about to change!

Aloha for now, and happy aroma to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment